TheCapital

Jimoh Ibrahim Loses Mum to Fire Incident

 Breaking News

Jimoh Ibrahim Loses Mum to Fire Incident

Jimoh Ibrahim Loses Mum to Fire Incident
January 20
05:55 2019

The mother of billionaire businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim, has died in a fire incident. Madam Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim, 78, It was learnt, died at her son’s Road 3B8 Victoria Garden City (VGC), Lekki residence in the early hours of Saturday. The fire was said to have occurred around 1am. According to eyewitnesses, the fire was caused by a candle lit by the septuagenarian for prayer. She was said to be a Catholic. But the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said it was caused by power surge.

On its twitter handle @lasemasocial, the LASEMA Response Unit (LRU) wrote “LRU Fire and Rescue unit on a fire rescue operation at VGC. Fire was caused by a Power surge.” The Agency urged Lagosians to “endeavor to check all power units in our individual homed regularly.” The Nation learnt that Madam Ibrahim was pronounced dead at the scene after fire fighters arrived the scene. Her remains were said to have been deposited at the morgue.

Lagos State Fire Service Director Rasaki Musibau said the fire service was alerted at 02.20am and its Lekki Phase 1 station arrived at the scene around 02.27am. According to him, the fire service met the VGC fire station on ground, which doesn’t have enough equipment to put the fire. The firefighters later quenched the fire and left around 4am.

Police Spokesman Chike Oti, a Chief Superintendent (CSP) confirmed the incident.

 

“If we have been alerted earlier, we would have reduced the damaging effects,” he said. The commodity, he said, was handed over to LASEMA.

About Author

Mojeeb

Mojeeb

Related Articles

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment